Re: [opensuse] Still trying to get DVD to work
  • From: Stevens <fred00sandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:28:49 -0600
On Tuesday 30 January 2007 03:59, Niels Øtergaard Kjær wrote:

> On my DVD-icon I only have lrw-rw----+ permissions
>

> and /media/dvdrecorder drwxr-xr-x.
>
> my dir /media is emty and no dvdrecorder at all
>
> So which parts of Russ' suse10.2 is activated since he has more
> permissions than I have, seen with mouse over the dvd icon.
>
> what is my suse10.2 missing since there are no dvdrecorder ? Rhus have
> x xr wx permissions extra.

Niels, thank you! I was beginning to think that my puter was the only one
with the problem. It is good (for my peace of mind) to know that the
problem exists somewhere else.

For those of you on the list who are Suse developers, I have gone so far as
to reformat my root partition and completely re-install Suse 10.2 and have
had the same result: the system will NOT automount dvd media.

Fred