Re: [opensuse] Still trying to get DVD to work
  • From: Niels Øtergaard Kjær <linux@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:59:23 +0100
Stevens wrote:
> On Monday 29 January 2007 11:10, russbucket wrote:

Have the same problem with the DVD-drive not working as Fred.

In an earlier mail Russ writes:

> Mine is still working OK. I just checked permissions on /dev/dvdrecorder and
> dvd, they are lrwxrwxrwx

On my DVD-icon I only have lrw-rw----+ permissions

and /media/dvdrecorder drwxr-xr-x.

my dir /media is emty and no dvdrecorder at all

So which parts of Russ' suse10.2 is activated since he has more
permissions than I have, seen with mouse over the dvd icon.

what is my suse10.2 missing since there are no dvdrecorder ? Rhus have
x xr wx permissions extra.

well just wonder since Fred have used quite some time studying logs ?

Niels