Re: [opensuse] [solved] D-Bus segfaults
  • From: "Sorin Peste" <neaorin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:23:55 +0200
On 1/29/07, Michael Schueller <schueller-berlin@xxxxxx> wrote:
Am Montag, 29. Januar 2007 schrieb Sorin Peste:

> Yesterday the D-Bus service decided it was going to segfault when
> starting; it was running smooth before that. Other dependent
> services like NetworkManager also fail to start.
>
> Where should I look to start investigating this problem? (SUSE
> 10.1 x86)
>
> Thanks,
> Sorin

This Error comes from the latest Package of avahi from Packman.
This Package needs a group netdev to work.
So give your System this group, or go back to the Version which
comes with SuSE-10.1.

groupadd netdev

Or edit the file
/etc/dbus-1/system.d/avahi-dbus.conf

<policy user="avahi">

instead of

<policy user="netdev">

Sure enough, adding the netdev group solved the problem. Thank you for
your help!
Sorin