[opensuse] 10.2 7800gt pci-e video lockup
  • From: Dan <dan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:59:50 -0600
Hello,

I have recently tried to install 10.2 on a machine with a BFG 7800GT pci-e card. When I get the the hardware configuration screen and click the test button for the video test the machine brings up the test screen and the system locks up. The test screen doesn't look right either, it's just a bunch of lines, there is now way you can make out what it is.

So I put in an old pci card and installed the OS. Then I went and put the 7800gt back in and it worked, but when I try to change the resolution it will lock up again.

Is there some kind of bios setting wrong? Has anyone else tried a card similar to this?

Thanks,
Dan.