Re: [opensuse] display size
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:16:44 -0500
On 2007/01/29 15:39 (GMT+0100) Istvan Gabor apparently typed:

>> Any particular reason why you prefer this common low resolution to high
>> quality? (high resolution = high quality, so the higher the resolution,
>> the better quality of detail, just like in a high resolution satellite
>> photo or high resolution scanner)

> Since 1024x768 is the maximum resolution @85 Hz. All higher
> resolutions are @<85 Hz on my monitor.

Can you actually tell the difference between 85 and 75 or 80? Even if
you can, I still suggest you test as I originally suggested, to see with
your own eyes what high resolution can do for fonts.

It seems to me that running a display at its maximum refresh would be
like running a car full throttle all the time, which accelerates wear
and shortens life. I run all mine at 60. Not everybody's eyes can see or
are bothered by screen flicker.
--
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409