Re: [opensuse] menu.lst and fstab text - Carl
  • From: charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 05:55:33 -0800
Bruce Marshall writes:
On Monday 29 January 2007 01:18, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Sun January 28 2007 23:19, charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I tried to copy the settings in the partitioner, but it wouldn't let me
> copy and that is a LOT of stuff to be typing! :-O Here's the other two
> items:
<snip>
Hi Charles,
I'm glad you're not giving up. However, it is essential to have the
information provided by the partitioner. It really isn't that much to type,
just one line per partition. Compared to screwing around guessing it should
be a breeze! :-)
Carl

Wouldn't fdisk -l /dev/<device> > <output filename>
work just as well? (me having never used the partitioner)

Just accomplished that. Thanks! Now to go post it.