[opensuse] Printer setup problem in Suse 10.2
  • From: Art Fore <art.fore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:49:24 +0800
I have a laserjet 2300 setup in Suse 10.2, now I want to setup so the
computer will act as a server for the printer on my local network.
Problem it, when I go to Yast, Hardware, Printer, it comes up with a
dialog box that says List of installed drivers has changed, building new
database where it goes to 4 % and hangs. Gnome system manager shows
everything sleeping, but the resources tab shows switching between the
two processors with one or the other at 100% much of the time. (this is
Athelon X8-64 X2 system). Printer was previously setup on lpt1 and works
fine.

Any suggestions on how to get the printer shared on the network?

Art