Re: [opensuse] Evolution address book and OpenOffice
  • From: Teruel de Campo MD <chusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:00:46 -0700
Carl,

The OO version that I used and had the Evolution address book "filter"
was version 2.02 (Novell edition) It is the one that came with SuSE 10.1
I believe there were a couple of on-line upgrades. It was not the one
from Openoffice.org.

The problem with transfer the db to another format and then importing it
is that you loose the "life link" with Evolution so every time I add or
delete a contact I have to do it in both.

Carl thanks again for your help. I am at the point after almost one
month of work to go back to 10.1. Well this out of the topic of this
thread but (1) I had to recompile the kernel to add usbfs support
otherwise vmware didn't work, (2) the dvd burner is not working after
many many hours and a few seconds of success back to zero (unable to
WRITE@LBA= problem with k3b) (3)despite of "Restore Previous Session"
superkaramba themes do not open, I had to do it manually. I feel
terrible. I was expecting to have this system working so I could add a
couple of new things: HDTV card to mythtv and nvideo 8800 to run compiz.
Well seems it was just a dream.
I want to thank you again for your help.

-=terry=-