  • From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:23:58 +0000
On Sunday 28 January 2007 15:27, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
> Peter Nikolic wrote:
> > What on Earth is all the noise and upset about a rather poor audio codec
> > and file format .. if you dont like MP3 then dont use MP3 .
> >
> > Ogg is far better so is flac both open both free both far far better ..
> >
> > Pete
> >
> > Flame proof gear in place (including nomex undies) so flame away all
> > ye mp3'ies ...
>
> It doesn't matter which is better. It's a matter of availability. The
> vast majority of the content is not available in anything but MP3, or
> one of the other proprietary formats like Realplayer.
>
> Are you volunteering to convert all the content to OGG? Your sure a
> swell egg for doing that for the community.
>
> --
>
> (o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
> Billie Walsh
> The three best words in the English Language:
> "I LOVE YOU"
> Pass them on!

Hi .

If i had the time to do something like that then i would without second
thought , I have as a matter of course re-recorded all of my audio in ogg
and flacc formats depending on what they are .

As for converting content in general there is more that enough processing
power out there in the wild to carry out mas conversions in spare cycles on
PC's left running ( Linux systems of course)...

Pete .