[opensuse] Still trying to get DVD to work
  • From: Stevens <fred00sandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:09:29 -0600
Is there anyone on the list who is running Suse 10.2 whose DVD drive
automatically mounts media when inserted? If so, I would like to engage in
a chat session to do a "stare and compare" to figure out how my setup
differs, because my puter absolutely, positively refuses to automatically
mount cd or dvd media. "lshal -m" will detect it's presence, Yast knows
when the distro DVD is loaded, but that's it. I have fought with this
problem since I installed 10.2 on 7Jan07 and it is to the point that if I
cannot resolve the issue, I am kissing Suse goodbye, as the system is
almost worthless to me if I cannot use the cd/dvd drive.

Fred