[opensuse] remote access BUG in 10.2 can others confirm, and what wuold be fix?
  • From: ted leslie <tleslie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:00:59 -0500
its happen now twice (my two and only installs of opensuse 10.2 on two
separate machines).

the remote management (Xvnc), when turned on,
then you access from the client, you get the grey weave X screen but no
login box or anything, just X, no window manager or standard GDM start
up.

I google'd and the standard fix is put a win. mgr. in the .Xvnc or .vnc
file,
but I don't think that is the fix, as the graphical greeter of a Suse
install is before you have decided on what user would log in, and there
is no such file on /root ......
and this certainly seems to be a bug as it never happened to me on many
pasted versions of SLED openSuse, etc.

-tl