  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 08:14:06 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, January 28, 2007 7:55 am, M. Fioretti said:
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 07:11:31 AM -0800, Charles R. Buchanan
> (charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
>> Using that analogy, then why doesn't the "consortium" that adopts
>> TCP/IP protocols charge for every use of the internet?
>
> because *that "consortium"* decided NOT to do so, and release
> everything with a different license. Simple.
>
>> every cd I buy, I rip it to my hard drive. I think that is my right
>> to do that.
>
> I haven't seen anybody on this list stating that such an activity
> should be illegal (while it _is_ illegal in maaany countries, starting
> from many of the important Western ones, which doesn't explicitly
> allow format shifting: but is this Suse's fault?)
>
>> Guess I will be playing them with something other than SuSe. <sigh>
>
> You have realized that it is absolutely NOT Suse's fault if you and
> lots of others have this problem, haven't you?
>
> Ciao,
> Marco

Aren't we defensive this morning? :-) No where did I say it was SuSe
fault. I think you need to go read what I said again. Maybe something was
lost in the translation. I still stand by my thoughts and the analogy is
still the same. You can "hide" behind the "different license" stand. (in
other words legal mumble jumbo) Like I said, where there is money to be
made, there are lawyers. Sometimes it's funny to see who gets there first,
the lawyers or the tax man!