  • From: "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 16:55:21 +0100
On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 07:11:31 AM -0800, Charles R. Buchanan
(charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Using that analogy, then why doesn't the "consortium" that adopts
> TCP/IP protocols charge for every use of the internet?

because *that "consortium"* decided NOT to do so, and release
everything with a different license. Simple.

> every cd I buy, I rip it to my hard drive. I think that is my right
> to do that.

I haven't seen anybody on this list stating that such an activity
should be illegal (while it _is_ illegal in maaany countries, starting
from many of the important Western ones, which doesn't explicitly
allow format shifting: but is this Suse's fault?)

> Guess I will be playing them with something other than SuSe. <sigh>

You have realized that it is absolutely NOT Suse's fault if you and
lots of others have this problem, haven't you?

Ciao,
Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73