Re: [opensuse] Protocol for updating existing wiki pages
  • From: Tom Miller <madprogextrodinr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:23:15 -0500
jdd wrote:
Tom Miller wrote:
I want to start updating the Xen pages. Some already have good information and I would like to update them to 10.2 (as many are based on 10.0 or 10.1) and expand on issues I think were missed or taken for granted by someone that knows Linux (as I am somewhat a newbie). Would it be bad form to do this?

Secondly, instead of loosing this information or having it stacked up x versions deep on the same page, would it make sense to branch the information by major version?
I mean, what do we do when 11 starts shipping and presumably we will be using Xen 4.0 by then? It doesn't make sense to loose this information?

Comments?

Thanks.

if differences from one version to the other are little, there is a template for signing version differences

else, feel free to make subpages with version numbers (fe xen/10.1, xen/10.2...)

jdd

I was thinking more

An Introduction to Virtualization
openSuse 10.x
How to Install Xen Server
How to Add a VM
. . .
openSuse 11.x
How to Install Xen Server
How to Add a VM
. . .

Does this seem like a reasonable layout?