Re: [opensuse] ATI Radeon X1600 has no 3D acceleration
  • From: Grommley Spalanski <gybhitsny@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:16:35 -0700
John Andersen wrote:
> On Friday 26 January 2007 22:14, Grommley Spalanski wrote:
>

>> AIGLX error: dlsym for __driCreateNewScreen_20050727 failed
>> (/usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driCreateNewScreen_200507
>> AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
>>
>> If I run glxinfo, it shows direct rendering on and the driver correctly
>> displays Ati.
>>
>> Any further thoughts on this?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> A couple work-arounds found by others:
>
> http://geeks-have-feelings-too.net/ati-driver-problem-aiglx-error-dricreatenewscreen/
>
> This advise is also echoed here
> http://en.opensuse.org/ATI_Driver#AIGLX_error___driCreateNewScreen

Interesting. When I followed these instructions, I noticed no change in
my video capabilities. However, YaST would no longer work properly.
Probably unrelated, but I had to reinstall Yast to get it to work
properly again. (Note: Yast is working fine now)

I still have my video issues though. I have direct rendering enabled,
but no 3D. Out of curiosity, I ran SaX and found that it says I have 3D
enabled. When I run Cedega though, it tells me 3D fails.

Still searching for the answer :)

G.