Re: [opensuse] ADSL Modem SpeedTouch 536i v6
  • From: "Theo v. Werkhoven" <theo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 11:07:49 +0100
Sat, 27 Jan 2007, by p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> On Friday 26 January 2007 22:42, Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:
> > Fri, 26 Jan 2007, by riccardo35@xxxxxxxxx:
> > > Hi Folks
> > >
> > > Did someone get Thomson ADSL Modem SpeedTouch 536i v6 working ?
> >
> > I use a 546i (4 ethernet ports, no USB). Worked out of the box,
> > including ipv6 prot 41 tunnel.
> >

> You would be far better off dumping the USB side of things and get yourself
> one that uses an ethernet port and an ethernet card much easier in fact
> almost instant no faffing around with half cooked drivers on something that
> IMHO should be no where near networks at all (USB) fine for printing ect but
> there it ends ..

I totally agree.
The 536i also has an ethernet port, so OP would be wise to use that.
OP: The default IP address on the LAN side is 192.168.1.1 IIRC,
once you've connected to the embedded webserver you can change the
LAN address and other settings to your liking.

Theo
--
Theo v. Werkhoven Registered Linux user# 99872 http://counter.li.org
ICBM 52 13 26N , 4 29 47E. + ICQ: 277217131