Re: [opensuse] external HD problem
  • From: Vince Oliver <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:30:20 +0100 (CET)

hi Michael,

I installed fuse-2.6.1 and ntfs-3g-0.20070118-BETA smoothly. I also modified the fstab file like it is written in installation manual like:

/dev/sda5 /media/EXTERNAL ntfs-3g defaults 0 0

After rebooting I tried to copy some file to the external HD but no success. I noticed this things:

1. writting mount I steel have:

/dev/sda5 on /media/EXTERNAL type subfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,sync,fs=ntfs,procuid,nls=utf8)

although All these were performed and fstab changed

2. when booting there is a failor like:

fuse initialization (API version 7.1) failed

I am bad administrator for Linux and not know what all these means but I will not give up for sure. Need some help and advices what to do.

thanks
oliver