Re: [opensuse] Need Router Recommendation
  • From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 05:38:11 -0600
John Andersen wrote:
> I suggest you speak to someone who might actually know something.
> She clearly doesn't. Its not her fault, she was looking for a job when
> they were looking for someone to answer the phone.
>
> Cloning a mac address is nothing more than taking the mac address from
> one of your machines, and pretending to be that machine when talking
> to the modem. This is fully explained in the manual.

Tracie is my spouse. She was talking to the only tech support the ISP
has, the owner/manager/installer/towerclimber.

I don't know diddly squat about what the manuals says. All I know, from
first hand experience, is that it worked. It worked on both our ISP
connections, and it has worked on other peoples as well. I can't explain
it. I don't understand it. Frankly, as long as it works I don't care.

I'm really rather sorry I posted this information. I thought it would
possibly help someone.

--

(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh