RE: [opensuse] my internet hub prefers windoze to linux!
  • From: "Cruz Adam" <cruadam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:55:24 +0800
Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem.

My ISP has a content server which caches the most visited sites (my
SUSE 10.2 has no problem to access). However my SUSE 10.2 could never
open a less frequent website. But if I use my windows, there is no
problem to access at all and the speed is as fast as the most visited
sites.

Any comment?

M Harris wrote:
Look at also turning off ipv6 and see if that makes a difference.
I would suspect ipv6 also, although James has a point regarding M$ following
specs. I was thinking more along the lines of the root cause--the hub--and
not the specific difference in OS behaviors... but my experience is that ipv6
is usually the cause of *apparent* hangs and delays in home networking... and
this is particularly noticeable on Suse because they turn ipv6 on by default
even though most everyone is still only using ipv4 (very frustrating,
although I do understand the reasoning behind doing so).