Re: [opensuse] Need Router Recommendation
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:49:27 -0900
On Thursday 25 January 2007 15:43, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
> > Actually you have it entirely correct.
> >

> I asked a couple more questions. Tracie was the one actually talking to
> our ISP and doing the work. She said it was to clone the MAC address
> from the modem into the router. Something about improving communication
> between the two and sharing the bandwidth over the home network.

I suggest you speak to someone who might actually know something.
She clearly doesn't. Its not her fault, she was looking for a job when
they were looking for someone to answer the phone.

Cloning a mac address is nothing more than taking the mac address from
one of your machines, and pretending to be that machine when talking
to the modem. This is fully explained in the manual.