Re: [opensuse] my internet hub prefers windoze to linux!
  • From: M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:32:35 -0600
On Thursday 25 January 2007 06:46, Kenneth Schneider wrote:
> Look at also turning off ipv6 and see if that makes a difference.
I would suspect ipv6 also, although James has a point regarding M$ following
specs. I was thinking more along the lines of the root cause--the hub--and
not the specific difference in OS behaviors... but my experience is that ipv6
is usually the cause of *apparent* hangs and delays in home networking... and
this is particularly noticeable on Suse because they turn ipv6 on by default
even though most everyone is still only using ipv4 (very frustrating,
although I do understand the reasoning behind doing so).

--
Kind regards,

M Harris <><