Re: [opensuse] [little survey] who's using...
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:05:50 +0000
> I would like to know who's using KDE in here, in the place of GNOME?

Interesting question, suggests one needs to manually remove GNOME in
order to use KDE.

> As well as the distribution has decide to "switch" to GNOME, who stayed
> faithfull to KDE?

Interesting statement, suggests the poster has an axe to grind.

[Engage Google Mode]

Hmmm, the poster has a history of hopping around distro mailing lists
and asking strange questions. Why, only this month he was interested in
switching to FVWM on Gentoo. He's hit the Fedora list, Mandrake's
Cooker list and the Debian lists. Guess we're next.

> Optionnal question: is there a big team yet that maintains KDE and
> K*/Qt* apps in OpenSuSe?

Is there a big team "yet"? Suggesting that KDE is lagging behind in
openSUSE. Far from the truth. There are plenty of KDE hackers in the
openSUSE community.

> In other words, as _open_Suse is an almost
> community driven distro, has "community" blindly followed Novell's
> choice or is there competent people that decided to stay KDE based?

What a loaded statement. Competent people only use KDE. Even dyed in
the wool KDE users know that's not true.

Let's not give this stirrer the oxygen of responding to his little
survey any more guys.
--
James Ogley
james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://usr-local-bin.org