Re: [opensuse] Evolution address book and OpenOffice
  • From: Teruel de Campo MD <chusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:03:26 -0700
Thxs for the reply.

I do can find where the database is in evolution
/home/tdec/.evolution/addressbook/local/system
and evolution is working well.

My problem is with OO. Until 10.1 I was able to import the Evolution
address book into open office using File/Wizard/Address book data
sources (in OO). There you had many option and one was Evolution. So I
had all the contact now in OO that I used to print letter and mainly
envelopes. If I add a new contact in Evolution I had it in OO.
Now when you go in writer for example to File/Wizards/Address book data
source it gives you few choices but not Evolution. It tried those
choices and I can not link to the Evolution address book any more.
It is weird that Novell drop that important link between OO and
Evolution. This connection Evolution/Writer made Evolution behave almost
like Outlook/Word. It was great. I am sure I am missing something but
except you I have not been able to get a single reply neither here
neither Novel Evolution forum. neither in linuxquestion, enither in
google. I guess nobody is using Evolution and OO ;-)

Thxs again for your reply.

-=terry(Denver)=-