Re: [opensuse] [little survey] who's using...
  • From: M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:12:41 -0600
On Wednesday 24 January 2007 18:04, Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) wrote:
> I would like to know who's using KDE in here, in the place of GNOME?
KDE...

... but not *in the place of* Gnome.

I used Gnome in my RedHat days up until RH7.2 and then I switched my office
to Suse... I've used KDE ever since then.

Honestly (and I'm serious here) a desktop is a desktop is a desktop is a
desktop... its all about whatever you're used to (or comfortable with).

I do not need (nor do I want) *yet another desktop* to "choose" from. I know
KDE, I am comfortable with KDE, it does what I want (I can control it,
configure it, and program it) and it has all the right automations without
sacrificing the the raw underpinnings. So what? I am a KDE user... big
deal.

Yes, I also use Kubuntu for the same reason.

So what... big deal.

Do you really want a survey (as in scientific statistical sampling) or are
you *yet again* trolling for a KDE vs Gnome flame war???

... boring.

--
Kind regards,

M Harris <><