RE: [opensuse] Need Router Recommendation
  • From: Jack Malone <jmalone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:20:10 -0600
At 11:47 AM 1/24/2007, Greg Wallace wrote:
On Wednesday, January 24, 2007 @ 6:20 AM, James Knott wrote:

<snip>
>Many systems, including the one I'm on, will only work with one MAC.
>However, changing it only requires turning the modem off for a few
>minutes and then on again.
Its more then likely the isp that requires the mac to hand out the ip address. That is the way it is here , with cox an now suddenlink who bought the cox system here in texas. When I first hooked up the cable modem I used the computer first before I had the router an I had to clone the computers nic mac address to the router so that It would work every time I changed to a new router. Been on the same netgear router for several years so not had to go thrue the mac address cloning / changing :) .

jack