[opensuse] Re: Can't start NetworkManager
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:10:48 +0100
On Wednesday 24 January 2007 07:32, you said:
> I'm having a problem with KNetworkManager on SuSE10.2. I get Network
> Manager not running from K Network Manager in the tray. Any idea how I can
> start Network Manager?

Hi Denis

Make sure in Yast->Network Device that you have selected that NetworkManager
should control the networking. "Traditional with ifup" does not use/start
NM.

If NM is supposed to control networking, the usual /etc/init.d/network boot
script will start it for you at boot time; rcnetwork restart can be used to
restart it all if needed.

If ps aux | grep NetworkManager shows that NM is indeed running, but
knetworkmanager believes it isn't, we have a problem.

Will

PS please use the mailing lists rather than private mail - I may not have time
to reply, and the solution (if any!) will be accessible to others.