Re: [opensuse] Synchronizing with ZENworks
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:00:26 +0100
Dňa Št 18. Január 2007 05:36 Robert Lewis napísal:
> Druid wrote:
> > I think it happens cause zmd is buggy, just like that.
> >
> > You hardly will need zmd, so if you simply remove it, errors will go
> > away, I guess.
> >
> > As seen in http://opensuse-community.org/Package_Sources/10.2 :
> > # rpm -e zmd libzypp-zmd-backend sqlite-zmd rug zen-updater
> >
> > And never see that problem again.
> >
> > best regards
> >
> > Marcio
> >
> > On 1/17/07, Robert Lewis <rll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> I found two duplicates this morning in "YaST Installation Source"
> >> that I removed. Then I got a small screen displaying: "Syncronizing
> >> with ZENworks. After a very long time of that screen being up the
> >> ORB turned Orange. However, another screen popped up that says:
> >> Error:
> >> Your service was deleted successfully in YaST, but could not be
> >> synchronized with ZenWorks.:
> >> ERROR: Requested service not found (Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Public.IService,
> >> Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Public, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
> >> PublicKeyToken=48eafe5f49a143f5). No receiver for uri
> >> 111481ae_d84d_47db_a533_10730754438f/826307685_6.rem
> >>
> >> Why do these things happen?
> >> What is the recommended recovery?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Bob
> >> --
>
> Can somewhat at OpenSUSE comment if the syncronization between
> YaST and ZENworks might be eliminated in with a future version?
> It seems like this is a lot of added overhead and fraught with potential
> problems, but what do I know!

The problem is that we have to synchronize and the way it's done is not
reliable enough ATM. This is a design problem.

We are right now evaluating in detail how to fix the design of the
installation source handling in the update stack so the current
synchronization code can be dropped completely.

Stano

P.S. Dropping ZMD is a different issue, related, but different.