Re: [opensuse] Postfix Qwerkiness
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:41:59 +0100
Brian Blater wrote:
On 1/23/07, Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Brian Blater wrote:
> On 1/23/07, Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In that case set $mydestination to an empty value:
postconf -e "mydestination = "

If mail.pure-energy.net is a relay_domain, set up the relay_recipient_maps
with the table of valid recipient addresses.

main.cf:
relay_domains = mail.pure-energy.net
relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients

/etc/postfix/relay_recipients:
vscan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OK

/etc/postfix/transport:
mail.pure-energy.net relay:[1.2.3.4]

postmap /etc/postfix/relay_recipients
postmap /etc/postfix/transport
postfix reload

Then send another testmail, it should be sent to the server/ip address in
/etc/postfix/transport

Thanks for your help on this. Bear with me as I ask a few questions to
get a better understanding. mail.pure-energy.net is the hostname. I
already have pure-energy.net setup as a relay_domain. In the virtual
file I have an alias for vscan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to
bbl***@pure-energy.net. (Basically anything to
"user"@mail.pure-energy.net should be aliased to
something@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). so, how can I tell postfix that
vscan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx = vscan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and to look in the
virtual file to see that vscan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx =
bbl***@pure-energy.net (or even that vscan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx =
bbl***@pure-energy.net?

- do you actually want mail from/to the domain mail.pure-energy.net?
Otherwise it it much simpler to just tell Postfix not to accept or generate mails to/from that domain.

main.cf:
mydomain = pure-energy.net
myorigin = $mydomain
relay_domains = pure-energy.net
relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients

/etc/postfix/relay_recipients:
vscan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OK

/etc/postfix/transport:
pure-energy.net relay:[1.2.3.4]

If you do want to rewrite addresses from one domain to another you can't do that with wildcard aliasing. Well, technically you can, but wildcard aliasing destroys recipient validation, so you'll become a backscatter source.
So you need to alias each address to another address in /etc/postfix/virtual. If neccessary, use a script to generate the file.

On our Postfix gateway a script is extracting the valid recipients from our domino server via ldap every few minutes.

Sandy
--
List replies only please!