[opensuse] Samsung 225BW Monitor and ATI RADEON SXPRESS 200 Series Card
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:36:10 -0600
I can't get these two to work together in a widescreen mode. I've googled and tried the suggestions for nVidia and also added a modeline generated by xmode. When I test the config, the screen goes into a non-readable mode that I have to ctrl-alt-backspace out of. Then the screen says I should set it to 1680x1050, which is what I've been trying to do. The -LCD 1680x1050 doesn't work.

Windows XP allows much higher resolutions, though again the screen shows a box that says it's not optimal and should be set to 1680x1050.

I've also checked the Samsung site for drivers and haven't found anything useful.

Any help?

TIA

Jim