Re: [opensuse] permanently leased wireless DHCP IP address not always assigned/in range
  • From: "Dennis E. Slice" <dslice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:17:57 -0500
Yes, and the problem seems to have been solved. The reason I couldn't
find the place to specify the ESSID in Yast2 was because it only appears
after you accept the changes to the network card configuration, which I
was reluctant to mess with since it was working.

To recap:

Problem:DHCP not assigning IP addresses within the designated range.
Cause: Another wireless network was interfering.
Soln: 1) Set wireless hub to unique ESSID.
2) Set network card (on 2nd page after accepting card changes)
to use specified ESSID.

Thanks to all. -ds

--
Dennis E. Slice