RE: [opensuse] Need Router Recommendation
On Tuesday, January 23, 2007 @ 6:55 PM, I wrote:

>On Tuesday, Jauary 23, 2007 @ 6:13 PM, Jim Cunning wrote:

[...]
> [...]
LAN

>>> address,

>>> I don't see that function in this particular router (Netgear RP614), but
>>> since I'll be using this router from now on (at least hopefully) I doubt
>>> I'll have that problem again.

>>On page 2-16 of the Netgear RP614 v2 manual there is an illustration
showing 3
>>choices: "Use Default MAC Address", "Use Computer MAC Address" and "Use
>>This
MAC Address" (with an entry box). The latter two choices are the clone
>>equivalents I was referring to.

>>Jim

>Ok. I found it. I picked "Use This Mac Address" which already had an
>address in it but was grayed out until I selected it. Is that the Mac
>Address of the modem, or of the router?

>Thanks,
>Greg Wallace

I've been doing some googling on this and I'm still a bit confused. When
you choose, for example, "Use This Mac Address", if that's not the mac
address that the modem picked earlier (from, say, a different router) will
it be accepted, or wouldn't you still have to re-boot the modem to get it to
use that new address? Or am I still not understanding this process?

Greg Wallace