RE: [opensuse] Need Router Recommendation
On Tuesday, Jauary 23, 2007 @ 6:13 PM, Jim Cunning wrote:

>On Tuesday 23 January 2007 15:19, Greg Wallace wrote:
>> On Tuesday, January 23, 2007 @ 4:22 PM, Jim Cunning wrote:
>> >On Tuesday 23 January 2007 13:41, Greg Wallace wrote:
[...]
>> >One way to avoid this situation is to use the "Clone MAC Address"
function
>> >many routers have, so they appear to have the MAC address of the/one LAN
>> >host
>> >connected to it. That way, the cable modem always see the same MAC
>>
>> address,
>>
>> >regardless of the router actually attached to it.
>>
>> I don't see that function in this particular router (Netgear RP614), but
>> since I'll be using this router from now on (at least hopefully) I doubt
>> I'll have that problem again.

>On page 2-16 of the Netgear RP614 v2 manual there is an illustration
showing 3
>choices: "Use Default MAC Address", "Use Computer MAC Address" and "Use
>This
MAC Address" (with an entry box). The latter two choices are the clone
>equivalents I was referring to.

>Jim

Ok. I found it. I picked "Use This Mac Address" which already had an
address in it but was grayed out until I selected it. Is that the Mac
Address of the modem, or of the router?

Thanks,
Greg Wallace