Re: [opensuse] permanently leased wireless DHCP IP address not always assigned/in range
  • From: "Dennis E. Slice" <dslice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:12:36 -0500
I thought it could be a different wifi network as I was writing my
initial message.

After a bit of checking, it seems that may be the problem. "iwconfig
eth1" flip flops between two ESSID networks with different "Access
Point" addresses (though I have "Serve as Access Point" disabled on
mine) and two different signal levels.

I wouldn't have thought the seniors around me would be so technically
sophisticated, but I do recall one of my neighbors a few yards away is a
retired corporate programmer.

So, what to do? I don't see anything obvious in the Yast2 setup to tell
the network card to look only for a specific ESSID or MAC address or
whatever.

I only allow connections by specific MAC addresses on my network. Maybe
I should turn off my network and use his to do something naughty. ;->

-ds

--
Dennis E. Slice
Department of Anthropology