[opensuse] gtk-window-decorator user settings
  • From: Alessandro <atonfa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:30:59 +0100
Hi

I'm running openSUSE 10.12 and having problems using compiz with my user
account. So far, I noticed these applications failing to load:

alessandro@Aleph:~> gnome-xgl-settings

** (bug-buddy:8814): WARNING **: Impossibile caricare l'icona per Apri
cartella

** (bug-buddy:8814): WARNING **: Impossibile caricare l'icona per
Browser dei componenti Bonobo
Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.

alessandro@Aleph:~> gtk-window-decorator
gtk-window-decorator: Could not acquire decoration manager selection on
screen 0 display ":0.0"

Beryl is working, I can select Compiz from beryl-manager, but without
window decoration. It must be something bound to my user specific
settings, since other accounts do not have these problems. Maybe some
setting inherited from 10.1 are conflicting somewhere? I have no idea
where to look at without invoking autodestruction.

Alessandro