[opensuse] Boot question
  • From: stevens <fred00sandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:26:20 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
10.2 has stopped booting. On powerup, after bios check and the 10.2 splash/grub
menu, the startup process stops with a "Resume device (hda2) not found - ignoring"
then "Waiting for device /dev/hda1 to appear".

I booted to the install dvd, selected rescue and from the prompt did a
e2fsck -nv /dev/hdda1 and everything looked ok. I can mount the volume and
everything looks ok. I tried booting with a "noresume" option, but all that did was
drop the "Resume device" messaage. The system still dies waiting for hda1.

I do not remember doing anything to break it. What happened?

Fred