Re: [opensuse] OpenSuse KDE: Konqueror or Firefox?
  • From: "John E. Perry" <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:15:37 -0500
Samir van de Sand wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> after using Gnome for a very long time, I recently switched to the KDE
> environment (withhin my general switch to OpenSuse). So which browser should
> I choose? Konqueror is a native QT app and also integrates nicely with other
> KDE apps (like KDE Wallet) and furthermore it seems more lightweight than
> Firefox. On the other side Konqueror has problems with displaying some web
> sites.

Well, with 9.0 -- 9.2, I had so much trouble with Konqueror that I
started using Firefox exclusively. Recently I've been using Konqueror
more and more because much of what I do makes the split-screen feature
really attractive. Also, I've been having much less trouble with
Konqueror displaying sites. ...in fact, I can't remember one I've tried
recently that gave trouble. But then, most of my browsing is still with
Firefox.

--

John Perry