Re: [opensuse] reinitialize yast?
  • From: "Andy Harrison" <aharrison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:04:43 -0500
On 1/19/07, Joe Morris (NTM) <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Assuming 10.2 (I haven't had that problem though), I would recommend
instead to install all the latest yast and related packages from
Factory. Go forward instead of backwards.

Actually my yast packages were all updated. If anything, that made it
worse. I was able to run yast in a term window no problem, so I just
did what I needed to do that way. Odd that the gui would fail yet the
exact same function would work fine in text mode.

Anyway, my latest 10.2 fun behavior is my last. Nothing to do with
yast even. I just thought it was odd that zen mentioned no rpm
updates for a few days. I go and look at my zen configuration and the
big fistful of repositories I had thrown in there have all vanished.

So, that's it for suse for me. Zen is a royal pig anyway and I notice
it consuming a little over two *HUNDRED* megs of ram while it's simply
checking for updates in the background. I could live with the
slowness and excessive resource consumption if it was just going to do
its job and not make me have to mess with it. Now if it's just going
to misbehave at random like that, it's just no longer worth the
effort. I just burned another linux distro, hopefully I'll end up
less frustrated.

--
Andy Harrison