Re: [opensuse] Postfix Qwerkiness
  • From: "Brian Blater" <brb.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:22:16 -0500
On 1/22/07, Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Brian Blater wrote:

> As for the stuff below. I'm not sure what is happening. It doesn't
> appear to be reading the transport file at all and other things are
> not behaving normally. I'm going to rebuild (it's a test box right now
> anyways.)

Hey, this is not Windows!

LOL, however in this case it is a test box and I'm documenting the
install etc. So, when things started acting weird and such I wanted to
documents. Better me to reinstall and get the install instructions
perfected so if someone else has to install/support it, they can get
it right the first time.

>> > The transport file has
>> > domain.com smtp:[w.x.y.z]
>> > anotherdomain.com smtp:[w.x.y.z]

What does "postconf transport_maps" say?
The default is empty.

Output of "postconf -n" shows what parameters deviate from default (or
were manually defined in /etc/postfix/main.cf).

Ok. The postconf -d you used in the first message just shows what was
default correct?
Also, If I'm not mistaken, you usually just modify the main.cf
yourself instead of using yast. How would I go about adding the change
to myorigin without manually editing the main.cf or using postconf -e
(which I think will cause SuSEconfig to choke on the file)? Is the
only way to add the change via the /etc/sysconfig/postfix file with
POSTFIX_ADD_MYORIGIN = ?

Thanks,
Brian