Re: [opensuse] printing to a printer on a windows XP machine
  • From: Phil Burness <pburness@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:10:10 +0000
On Monday 22 January 2007 10:49, Johannes Meixner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Jan 20 09:19 Phil Burness wrote (shortened):
> > I want to share a printer on a windows XP machine with my LInux machine.
>
> See
> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Printing_via_SMB_%28Samba%29_Share_or_Windows_Sh
>are and perhaps you may also need
> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_-_No_Printout_on_the_XP_Client
>
> Kind Regards
> Johannes Meixner
> --
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5 Mail: jsmeix@xxxxxxx
> 90409 Nuernberg, Germany WWW: http://www.suse.de/
I've read the articles and it appears my username / password are not working
correctly..
On the linux machine my username is bsmith password example1
On the XP machine my username is bob.smith@xxxxxxxxxxx password example2

using nmbstatus I get:
WORKGROUP GROUP1
LMB BSMITH2
MEMBERS BSMITH2

using smbclient -L BSMITH2 -U bob.smith@xxxxxxxxxxx%example2 - N I get
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

The pages pointed to do not give any indication on how to handle this

Phil