[opensuse] tar
  • From: John Meyer <john.l.meyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:57:39 -0700
I'm still working my way through tar manuals and I'm coming across this
problem: creating tarballs is easy, however, when I try to create it to
where only files that are newer are added (such as in Pictures, where I
don't want multiple backups based by dates), tar complains about it.
Does anybody know the right way to do this, given that:

1. The directory you want to backup is $HOME/Pictures
2. The file you want to backup to is $HOME/backups/Pictures.tar.gz