Re: [opensuse] Re: How to see what is blocking IP requests?
  • From: Tom Miller <madprogextrodinr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:38:44 -0500
Joachim Schrod wrote:
Tom Miller wrote:
I am trying to get Firebird database server running on my computer.

If I try to connect to the server in local mode (doesn't use IP at all), it works fine.

If I then try to connect with IP locally using 127.0.0.1 the connection is actively refused.

Are you sure that Firebird accepts IP connections at all?

What does
lsof -c firebird | grep TCP
say?
(I assume that the firebird daemon name starts with "firebird", otherwise you need a different -c argument.)

Joachim

Nothing came back. It is actually listening through xinetd. My understanding is that nothing loads until the first connection is made.
There is a config file for it

=================================
# default: on
#
# Be careful when commenting out entries in this file. Active key entry should
# be the first as some scripts (CSchangeRunUser.sh in particular) use sed
# scripting to modify it.

service gds_db
{
disable = no
flags = REUSE
socket_type = stream
wait = no
user = firebird
# These lines cause problems with Windows XP SP2 clients
# using default firewall configuration (SF#1065511)
# log_on_success += USERID
# log_on_failure += USERID
server = /opt/firebird/bin/fb_inet_server
}

# ----------------------------
# TCP Protocol Settings
#
# The TCP Service name/Port number to be used for client database
# connections.
#
# It is only necessary to change one of the entries, not both. The
# order of precendence is the 'RemoteServiceName' (if an entry is
# found in the 'services.' file) then the 'RemoteServicePort'.
#
# Type: string, integer
#
#RemoteServiceName = gds_db
#RemoteServicePort = 3050

#
# The TCP Port Number to be used for server Event Notification
# messages. The value of 0 (Zero) means that the server will choose
# a port number randomly.
#
# Type: integer
#
#RemoteAuxPort = 0

#
# TCP/IP buffer size for send and receive buffers of both the client
# and server. The engine reads ahead of the client and can send
# several rows of data in a single packet. The larger the packet size,
# the more data is sent per transfer. Range is 1448 to 32767 (MAX_SSHORT).
#
# Type: integer
#
#TcpRemoteBufferSize = 8192

#
# Either enables or disables Nagle algorithm (TCP_NODELAY option of
# socket) of the socket connection.
#
# Note: Currently is a default for classic and super servers.
#
# Type: boolean
#
#TcpNoNagle = 1

#
# Allows incoming connections to be bound to the IP address of a
# specific network card. It enables rejection of incoming connections
# through any other network interface except this one. By default,
# connections from any available network interface are allowed.
#
# Type: string
#
#RemoteBindAddress =