Re: [opensuse] How to see what is blocking IP requests?
  • From: Tom Miller <madprogextrodinr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:26:17 -0500
Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
Tom Miller wrote:
I am trying to get Firebird database server running on my computer.

If I try to connect to the server in local mode (doesn't use IP at
all), it works fine.

If I then try to connect with IP locally using 127.0.0.1 the
connection is actively refused.
Refused does not sound like a firewall. It sounds like your
configuration of firebird, though I am not familiar with it. What
interfaces is it listening on? What does your syslog say when it loads?
TCP/IP is its main / default interface. There is a second interface for local connections only, but I can't remember what it is called.

I do not have the openSuse firewall active. So I don't have any idea
what is blocking it.
I don't think it is being blocked, firebird is refusing the connection. If it was blocked, it would not be refused, it would just timeout since
it would never connect.
Thanks, good to know.
This is an Xen Guest (DomU), but I am not sure that has anything to do
with it.
I would suggest checking your Firebird config to see if you can
determine what interface(s) it is listening on.

By default it listens to IP on 3050 and the local one I talked about. I one time NetBuei was an option, but that may have been removed from the system.