Re: [opensuse] PHP as CGI
  • From: "Johannes Nohl" <johannes.nohl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 18:21:45 +0100
Hello!

> I installed all PHP-RPMs on Suse 10.1, they contain the Apache modul and the
> CLI,
> but I also need the CGI. But I can not find it in the installation or I can
> not find
> a hint which package could include it. Does anybody know something about?

Why does not apache's mod_php5 suffice? Anyway, you could solve it by
putting #!/usr/bin/php5 at the top lines and let mod_cgi do the rest.

You could use suPHP (www.suphp.org), which will use php5-fcgi without
the exe-line #!/usr/bin/php5 .

After installing the fcgi-rpm you will find php5 not inside /usr/bin/
but in /srv/www/cgi-bin/php5. I myself usually copy
/srv/www/cgi-bin/php5 to /usr/bin/php (so php is fcgi and php5 is
CLI).

Regards,

Johannes

P.S suPHP describes itself like suPHP is a tool for executing PHP
scripts with the permissions of their owners. It consists of an Apache
module (mod_suphp) and a setuid root binary (suphp) that is called by
the Apache module to change the uid of the process executing the PHP
interpreter.