[opensuse] Global setting to make ooo save as doc format
  • From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 23:27:54 +0800
How can I configure SuSE 10.2 installation so that OpenOffice by default
save writer documents as Microsoft Word 97 format for All users on it?

I knew you hate it, I hate doc format as much as you hate it and I hate
it with passion. It's a pity I have to make doc default save format, but
it's even more pity if the local government I am supporting give up
using OpenOffice as well as SuSE Linux because it cannot save as doc
format by default and purchase MS Windows + Office instead. .doc format
is the de-factal standard in Chinese government.

I used to
adjust /usr/lib/ooo-2.0/share/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu to
set global OOO settings for all users. But this time it doesn't work. I
tried to add this
to /usr/lib/ooo-2.0/share/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu but
each user still gets writer document saved in doc format by default:

<node oor:name="com.sun.star.text.TextDocument">
<prop oor:name="ooSetupFactoryDefaultFilter" oor:type="xs:string">
<value>MS Word 97</value>
</prop>
</node>

Here is my /usr/lib/ooo-2.0/share/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu
so that maybe you can look into it to tell what I did wrong:

gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/9/users/weiwu/Setup.xcu

Thanks in advance!