Re: [opensuse] printing to a printer on a windows XP machine
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:54:31 -0900
On Saturday 20 January 2007 00:19, Phil Burness wrote:
> I want to share a printer on a windows XP machine with my LInux machine.
> Although I can see printers on the Linux machine from the Windows machine I
> can't see the windows printer from the Linux machine....
>
> How do I set it up?
>
> Phil

You add the the printer to cups. (I've always found the cups
interface easier to use than yast for this) by pointing your
web browser on the linux machine to 127.0.0.1:631
and define the printer via the add new printer link.

You select smb or windows printer as the protocol
and give it the //machinename/sharename etc.

--
John Andersen