Re: [opensuse] fsck running amok
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:40:09 -0600
On 2007-01-19 18:47, Greg Wallace wrote:
> On Friday, January 19, 2007 @ 6:29 PM, Joseph Loo wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>> It has been a long time since I worked with fsck. I could be wrong, but
>> I believe it always does a fsck to check for file system consistency.
>>

> That certainly seems to be the case now, and maybe for some time now and I
> just hadn't noticed. But I don't think that's been the case for too many

I may have mentioned in another note that this is likely due to the
introduction of journalled file systems. I believe the situation is
roughly this: Re-running the journal on boot allows the system to keep
the file system in better order. Before that happens, however, a
consistency check must be done on the file system.