Re: [opensuse] How to get firefox to start in online mode
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:57:49 +0200
On 1/18/07, Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andre Truter wrote:
> I installed openSUSE 10.2 for a client on a laptop. One of the main
[...]

How is the local demo accessed then?
On a local webserver or as local files? If it's a webserver which IP
address is used then?

http://localhost

So, the computer can be off-line in terms of the internet, but Firefox
should not.

I have set localhost as the home page, so when you open FIrefox the
first time, it says that it cannot find the page as you are offline.
Pretty stupid huh? The web server runs locally, you only need the
loopback interface, no other interfaces.

When you start firefox again, it has cached the initial page, so it
displays, but the first thing you click on the page results in a
"Cannot find page - please go online"

So, I would like Firefox to start in online mode, no matter if the
machine is connected to a network or not.

--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx | http://www.trusoft.co.za