Re: [opensuse] flash player 9 problems?
  • From: "Dennis E. Slice" <dslice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 02:37:26 -0500
Mathias Homann wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> first, rest assured. this is not yet another announcement that flash player 9
> has been released for linux.
>

> BUT. If I install it, and go to
> http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=144166 and hit "play this game",
> or go to www.kartoo.com, in about 95 of 100 tries the running flash applet
> doesn't get any keyboard input.
> And you'll all agree that a search engine with a dead input field (or a game
> that tells you to "hit space to start") are pretty useless without keyboard
> input...
> Am I the only one who has such problems?

So far.

I haven't bothered with Flash and such (I'd just bail on a page that
demanded it), but recent posts about flsh player 9 led me to install
from here: http://software.opensuse.org/download/mozilla/ via YAST.

Yours was the first mention of sites to try, and they work just fine for
me. Some anime girl seems to have just kicked my ass.

SUSE 10.0

-ds

--
Dennis E. Slice