Re: [opensuse] How do I keep monitor from going to sleep
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 01:12:15 -0600
On 2007-01-19 00:12, Greg Wallace wrote:
> <snip>
> That check box (Enable Specific Display Power Management) is grayed out.
> I tried going in under the specific tabs and trying every combination I
> could think of but none of the combinations worked. The monitor still
> powered down after a certain length of time.
Check in /etc/sysconfig/powersave/common for
POWERSAVE_SCREENSAVER_DPMS_OFF, and make sure it is set to "yes". I'm
really just fishing -- never have I heard of that checkbox being greyed
out, and unchecking it has always turned off the display power
management junk.

Have you ever done a fresh install for any version since 8.2? I'm
getting the impression that maybe you haven't. You've got more problems
than any 6 other people on this list -- maybe time to do a fresh install :-)