Re: [opensuse] Recommended Website Tools
  • From: Scott Jones <scottj.org@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 22:49:03 -0600
On Thursday 18 January 2007 21:58, Benjamin Rosenberg wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2007, at 9:48 PM, Kai Ponte wrote:
> >> I am afraid our school system is stuck (mired, sinking in the
> >> quicksand of
> >> MS) using WinXP. I guess the easiest is some MS slop -- like
> >> Frontpage.
> >> Unless, you can steer me to an acceptable OSS.
>
> I was under the impression that Frontpage was no longer being
> produced or supported. If you want something that is compliant and
> that quite a few use .. try Dreamweaver. You'll have to get CrossOver
> to use it. You could always use Quanta which is a KDE program and
> free. :D

Kinda. As a product name, Frontpage is dead. The successor is Expression
Web, of which I have a copy sitting on my desk next to me (my wife just
upgraded Frontpage to Expression at her office, as that is what she uses to
maintain the company's websites). I haven't played around with it, but it
seems at first glance that the UI is FP 2003 with bits of Dreamweaver glued
on here and there.